Authorized Dealer - Brand New - In Stock!
Taking adaptability to new extremes, the AZ series has established itself and carved out a place that spans everything from the warmest blues licks, to the most intense, shred-heavy metal riffs. Carrying this ethos forward, the AZ line embodies time-tested Ibanez innovation and player-focused features like a smooth, oval neck grip, a well-balanced asymmetrical body shape, and the neck heel allowing for unrivaled playability.
neck type: AZ Oval CS-TECH WOOD Roasted Maple neck
top/back/body: Alder body
fretboard: Rosewood fretboardMother of Pearl dot inlay
fret: Jumbo Stainless Steel fretsPrestige fret edge treatment
number of frets: 22
bridge: Gotoh® T1702B bridge
string space: 10.5mm
neck pickup: Seymour Duncan® Fortuna™ (S) neck pickupPassive/Alnico
middle pickup: Seymour Duncan® Fortuna™ (S) middle pickupPassive/Alnico
bridge pickup: Seymour Duncan® Fortuna™ (H) bridge pickupPassive/Alnico
factory tuning: 1E,2B,3G,4D,5A,6E
strings: D'Addario® EXL110
string gauge: .010/.013/.017/.026/.036/.046
nut: Bone nut
hardware color: Chrome
Hardshell case included
dyna-MIX9 switching system w/Alter Switch
Luminlay side dots
Gotoh® Magnum Lock w/H.A.P. machine heads
Compound Radius Fingerboard
- Offering the best of both worlds, the digitized compound radius fretboard of the AZ-N is built to enhance both smooth chording and lead work in the upper register.
Five Tremolo springs
- Five tremolo springs allow string vibration to be more efficiently transferred to the guitar body.
AZ Oval C S-TECH WOOD Roasted Maple neck
- S-TECH special roasted treatment increases the wood's stability, durability, water resistance and tolerance of temperature changes. The neck is sealed with an oil finish which helps make it feel similar to a well-played guitar neck.
dyna-MIX 9 switching system w/Alter switch
- dyna-MIX 9 offers nine sound variations, and can easily switch between humbucker and single coil modes with just the mini switch. One mode is even able to simulate a humbucker sound from the combination of the 2 single coil pickups.
Non-recessed bridge cavity
- While the AZ series features a recessed bridge cavity for fluid and dynamic tremolo action, this model has non-recessed bridge cavity. The direct contact between bridge plate and the guitar body provides better resonance and helps facilitate subtle nuances in playing dynamics.
Gotoh® T1702B tremolo bridge
- The T1702B tremolo bridge provides quick response and improved articulation. The 10.5mm string spacing allows for easy picking across strings and its snap-in construction makes it easy to load a tremolo arm. The tremolo block and saddles are made of brass, facilitating better overall resonance.
Seymour Duncan® Fortuna™ S-S-H pickups
- Seymour Duncan® Fortuna™ Pickups feature a moderate output and natural clean voicing which accurately reflect subtle playing nuances. From treble to bass, the overall tonal balance is evenly adjusted and works well with various effect pedals.
Luminlay side dot inlays
- The Luminlay side dot position marks make it easy for players to see fretboard position marks when performing on dark stages.
Gotoh® Magnum Lock machine heads w/H.A.P.(Height Adjustable Post)
- The AZ comes with GOTOH® MAGNUM LOCK® machine heads, which have an established reputation for tuning stability. Its H. A. P® (Height Adjustable Post). system allows for the adjustment of string posts for the appropriate tension of each string.