What would an ’83 G&L SC-2™ be if Leo Fender recreated it for today’s scene? The crew at G&L think it would be a lot like the new Fallout. After all, when inspiration comes from original G&L SC guitars modded by the likes of Devo’s Mark and Bob Mothersbaugh and Band Of Susans’ Robert Poss, there are lots of cues to follow.
The SC-2 was born as a cool looking, comfortable and light axe that could be thrashed mercilessly and not miss a beat. Fallout keeps those qualities in the mix but branches out to cover today’s sophisticated textures and tones.
Fallout shares the original Leo Fender-designed SC-2 body shape, comfortable, sustain-rich G&L Saddle Lock bridge and easy-playing medium-C-shape neck with a 12” radius and medium-jumbo frets.
From dirty riffs to jangly hooks, Fallout delivers with a great pairing of a G&L Alnico P-90 neck pickup and a meaty G&L AW4370 bridge 'bucker.
The look transcends the SC-2’s simplicity with a sweeping pickguard that complements the body shape perfectly. Balancing out the aesthetics is a sleeker interpretation of the ‘80s-era G&L headstock shape designed exclusively for the Fallout.
This Fallout in Tangerine Metallic weighs 6 pounds 13 ounces, and features the following speial order options:
Samp Ash Body
Body-Matching Painted Headstock
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 25 1/2"
- PICKUPS: G&L P-90 in neck position, G&L AW4370 humbucker in bridge positon
- BODY WOOD: Swamp Ash
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with Maple or Rosewood fingerboard
- NECK PROFILE: G&L Slim C with 12" radius
- NUT: natural bone
- FRETS: 22 medium jumbo, Jescar 57110 nickel silver
- TUNING KEYS: 12:1 ratio, sealed-back
- BRIDGE: G&L Saddle Lock™ with chrome-plated brass saddles
- CONTROLS: 3-position pickup selector, volume, tone with push/pull coil tap
- CASE: deluxe Tolex hardshell