G&L Custom Shop
This is the first L2000 bass created by the G&L Custom Shop. Get a piece of history with this one of a kind beauty! Total weight is 9 pounds even.
THE FINEST FROM FENDER AVENUE
The quality of the instruments and variety of options available in the main G&L factory are legendary, and that’s precisely the reason why the G&L Custom Shop has opened. You see, some owners love everything about their Made-in-Fullerton G&Ls, but there’s always been one option they have never been able to select. That is, they want the very best of G&L: the finest cuts of wood and unsurpassed craftsmanship coming together in the most spectacular instruments ever made on Fender Avenue.
It starts with hand selected woods, carefully chosen for each instrument, and continues with very best craftsmanship and attention to detail. It’s not just what you see, but what you feel that makes the difference. From exquisite fretwork to pickguard edges delicately sanded and buffed to feel like an instrument loved and played for decades.
The Custom Shop is where the ultimate G&L instruments are crafted.
When Leo Fender launched the G&L L-2000™ bass in 1980, it was clear he was ready to make history all over again. Never before had such a wide range of tones come from a single bass, and throughout its evolution the iconic L-2000 has continued to win the hearts of bassists of every style and musical taste.
The foundation of the L-2000 is a pair of G&L Magnetic Field Design™ humbuckers backed by the flexible Tri-Tone™ control system, providing the sort of versatility that’ll let you find your tone no matter what kind of bass line you’re laying down. The Tri-Tone system features a trio of mini toggles for pickup selection, series/parallel signal routing and active/passive operation, as well as a trio of knobs for volume, treble and bass. With all that under the hood, Leo gave the L-2000 the kind of chops that’ll fit in any situation, from classic R&B to power-packed rock to poppin’ funk. What’s more, the L-2000 features an innovative Leo Fender-designed Saddle-Lock™ bridge to transfer string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument. On the other end is a comfortable, C-shaped neck checking in with a comfortable 9 1/2″ radius and 21 Jescar 57110 medium-jumbo nickel-silver frets ready to deliver silky playability.
- PICKUPS: Two G&L Magnetic Field humbucking pickups
- BODY WOOD: Swamp Ash with Premium Quilted Maple Top
- NECK WOOD: Quartersawn Maple with Figured Chechen fingerboard
- NECK PROFILE: G&L 1 5/8" Medium C with 9 1/2" radius
- FRETS: Medium Jumbo, Jescar 57110 18% nickel silver
- TUNING KEYS: Custom G&L "Ultra-Lite" with aluminum tapered string posts
- BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle Lock with chrome-plated brass saddles
- ELECTRONICS: Tri-Tone™ system with 3-position pickup selector, series/parallel switch, 3-position pre-amp mode switch, volume, treble, bass
- CASE: G&L Custom Shop Tolex hardshell