Spec'd and built for our impeccably curated inventory, the first of three similar pieces we commissioned, this glorious ASAT HH RMC (RMC stands for Rear-Mounted Controls, so no pickguard or control plate) is loaded to the gills with premium features.
From the manufacturer...
"The G&L ASAT® HH RMC takes the iconic ASAT into humbucker territory while retaining the feel and playability that have made the ASAT a perennial favorite among players. Essentially a fusion of Fullerton and Kalamazoo, the HH RMC features G&L Alnico humbuckers housed in an Alder body. An innovative G&L Saddle-Lock™ bridge transfers string energy right into the body end-grain to make the most of the resonant body wood combination. The familiar ASAT feel continues with a hard-rock maple neck sporting an easy-playing satin finish, comfortable 9 1/2″ radius and Jescar 57110 medium-jumbo nickel-silver frets for silky playability.
The moment you open the luxurious Tolex hardshell case, you’ll be greeted with a stunning instrument and delicious aroma that’ll have your pulse racing."
The standard off-the-rack ASAT is a phenomenal instrument and offers incredible value for your hard-earned money. That said, we have loaded this one up with an abundance of premium optional upgrades, as follows:
- Premium Flame Maple Top over lightweight and sonorous American basswood. Tone gurus from across the industry consider basswood/maple to be one of the best-sounding wood combos available. Guitar weighs 7 pounds 7 ounces.
- Front and Rear comfort contours. For those of us who love everything about the first Leo solid body shape, except for the lack of contours, we have you covered.
- Dual Fulcrum Vibrato. Arguably one of Leo's immeasurable contributions to electric guitar technology is the G&L DFV bridge. Rock solid tuning stability and expressive control under your fingertips.
- Hard rock maple neck and fingerboard.
- 12" Fingerboard radius for lower action with effortless big bends.
- Stainless steel medium jumbo frets (.057x.110") for smooth as glass bending and a final polish that remains mirror-like for practically the life o the fret. No need for leveling or fret replacement down the road. The biggest upgrade you can get, IMO.
- Light-tint satin neck finish. A warm tint in the satin clear coat that feels almost like raw wood and protects from environmental changes, as well as general handling wear. Looks beautiful over the maple.
- Locking tuners. Goes hand in hand with the DFV for ultimately stability and easy string changes.
- The neck shape on this is the G&L Modern Classic, with the noted exceptions above. 1 11/16” nut width with 1 5/8” string spacing allows a generous edge roll for superb comfort without string fall-off. Fairly slim with mild taper from 0.820” at 1st fret to 0.870” at the 12th fret.