Power Load® IR
Tunable Reactive Load Analog Cab + IR
Record Direct Using Your Favorite Tube Amp:
The Fryette Power Load® IR is an easy to use, tunable reactive load coupled to a powerful Analog Cab + Mic Emulation and IR loader that allows you to silently record your favorite clean and cranked guitar tube amplifier.
Whether you are setting your tweed combo at the sweet spot or doing a full right-hand sweep on your 100-watt head, the Power Load® IR allows you to fine tune the reactive behavior the amplifier response, choose your favorite IR and dial in the response character of the Cab + Mic Emulation for unprecedented control of your direct performance.
Load your own cabs, or use ours:
New for 2022, Power Load IR gets an all-new Digital Cab IR loader complete with memory space for 16 cabs, including 8 of our most popular cabs. You can also load your favorite cabs.
The Power Load IR is the only stand-alone solution that provides two integrated cabinet sim options, Analog (for zero latency and expansive dynamic range) and Digital IR (for realistic room reflections and convolutions). You can use both individually or simultaneously. You can also defeat the cab sim and use an external IR.
Professional-Quality Headphone Amplifier:
A high-quality stereo headphone amplifier with a stereo effects loop allows you to insert delays and reverb pedals into the headphone mix, plus a Program Input that accepts a stereo music source such as a CD or MP3 player or group rehearsal mixer for silent practice.
For live performance you can place the Power Load IR in between your amp and cabinet, sending the XLR with either or both Cab sims direct to the Front of House PA and Monitor board. No cabs? No Problem! You can crank your favorite amp silently, delivering dynamic consistent tone direct to the console.
The Power Load® IR offers incredible dynamics, feel and studio-quality performance in a convenient, affordable and lightweight portable package that sits neatly on top of any head or combo amplifier. The analog Cab+Mic Emulation system, provides realistic and responsive mic’d cabinet tones direct to your interface, mixer or headphones.
The Fryette Power Load IR is the most comprehensive total reactive load solution available today.
Recording • Silent practice • Live performance
• Award Winning Power Station® Reactive Load with Selectable High and Low Frequency Response.
• Eight High Quality Fryette® and Sound City® Cab Models.
• User IR Loader.
• Analog Cab + Mic Emulation.
• 200W Speaker Load Capacity.
• Selectable Input Impedance (2/4, 8 or 16 Ohm).
• Silent Recording Capability.
• Stereo Headphone Amp with Program Input and Dedicated Stereo FX Loop.
• Passive Unbalanced and Transformer-Isolated Balanced XLR Direct Outputs.
• Variable Line Level and Phase Switch for Passive Direct Outputs.
• Active Unbalanced 1/4" Phone and Balanced XLR Analog Cab and IR Outputs.
• Universal Input 12VDC power supply.
Dimensions: 8.75 in. x 6.15 in. x 2.75 in.
Weight: 4 lbs