The RC-500 is an essential partner for guitarists, singer/songwriters, multi-instrumentalists, and anyone who wants to take their looping to the next level. Craft real-time compositions with two loop tracks, mic and stereo instrument inputs, rhythms, and inspiring Loop FX, all backed by premium 32-bit audio quality. Store loops in onboard memories, and explore expanded operation with external controls and MIDI. Filled with next-generation Loop Station features, the RC-500 gives serious creators the tools they need to develop new ideas and deliver impactful performances that will leave audiences wanting more.
Super Sound Quality
Featuring best-in-class 32-bit AD/DA and 32-bit floating-point processing, the RC-500 captures your personal sound with full fidelity and keeps loops crystal clear, even with multiple overdubs. And with 13 hours of stereo recording time, there’s plenty of space for extended creative journeys.
Connect, Loop, and Mix
With its versatile I/O and free-flowing interface, the RC-500 is ready to support all your musical visions. Connect mono/stereo instruments and pedal effects, plus a mic to the dedicated XLR input—complete with phantom power if needed. Use the two tracks independently for song-style composition, or together for rich multi-track textures. The LCD backlight changes color to clearly show the current operation mode, while hands-on track faders and a mic level knob provide direct access to volume control as you loop.
Flexible Creative Control
Three onboard footswitches make it simple to control recording and playback, track switching, and more. For expanded operation, you can connect up to two external footswitches for direct control of many assignable functions, or an expression pedal for continuous adjustments. And for advanced rigs, the space-saving TRS MIDI I/O enables remote operation from MIDI switchers and foot controllers, plus MIDI sync with drum machines and DAWs.
Personalize Your Setup
The RC-500’s I/O and footswitches are configured for basic operations by default, but they can be reassigned in a variety of ways to meet your custom needs. Route left/right input sources to separate tracks, or send guitar and vocals to independent outputs. Use the footswitches to turn effects on/off, start/stop rhythms, and more. Custom assignments are saved along with phrase memories, letting you instantly reconfigure the RC-500 for any application.
Energize Performances with Rhythms and Loop FX
Loaded with inspiring rhythms and evocative loop processing, the RC-500 is primed to bring groove and color to all your looping adventures. Each of the 57 preset rhythms include A/B variations, while 16 different drum kits provide sounds to match any style. Designed for live performance, Loop FX like repeat, scatter, and more infuse your loops with instant sonic energy. There’s a cool reverse function too, perfect for creating unique sonic flavors on demand.
Capture, Practice, and Perform
The RC-500’s 99 phrase memories let you store loops as fast as you create them, complete with rhythm and kit selections, audio settings, and control assignments. Loop audio can be backed up to a computer via USB. And with WAV import via BOSS Tone Studio, the RC-500 becomes a central playback hub for lesson material, jam tracks, or backing music for your next gig.
- Advanced two-track looper with onboard mixing and deep control options
- Class-leading sound quality with 32-bit AD/DA and 32-bit floating-point processing
- Stereo looper engine with 13 hours of recording time
- LCD with multi-color backlight for viewing loop status and editing parameters
- Mono/stereo inputs for easy pedalboard integration, plus independent XLR mic input with phantom power
- Reverse function and Loop FX (repeat, scatter, shift, and vinyl flick) for dynamic and engaging loop performances
- 16 different drum kits and 57 preset rhythms with A/B variations
- Support for expanded control via external footswitches, an expression pedal, or MIDI
- Full MIDI I/O provided with space-saving mini TRS jacks (BMIDI-5-35 adaptor cable available separately)
- Onboard storage for 99 phrase memories
- Back up and load WAV loops via USB
- Runs on four AA batteries or optional AC adaptor