Guitar shown weighs 7 pounds 11 ounces
Italian guitar phenom Marco Sfogli, of progressive metal bands PFM and Icefish, is a highly regarded and highly influential player. His technical genius and proficiency in any genre have been showcased through his own solo efforts and at countless recording sessions, including work on Dream Theater vocalist James LaBrie’s solo albums and his own role as a JamTrackCentral instructor.
Charvel pays tribute to the guitarist and composer with the introduction of the Marco Sfogli Signature Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 1 HSS FR CM QM.
The instrument’s resonant alder body is capped with a rippling quilt maple top and features a scalloped lower back bout and sculpted shredder’s cut heel for comfortable and unencumbered upper-fret access. The bolt-on maple neck has a "caramelized" heat and drying treatment that makes it sound and feel much older, along with graphite reinforcement, satin finish on the back, Luminlay® side dots and a conveniently located heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel.
Designed to deliver unrivaled playability, the 12”-16” compound radius caramelized maple fingerboard has a more pronounced curvature across its width near the nut for comfortable chording, and gradually flattens to a very slight curvature toward the upper frets for blazing fast solos and comfortable bends. The rolled fingerboard edges and 22 jumbo frets combine for even more enhanced comfort and high-performance playability.
Given Sfogli’s propensity to cut across genres ranging from progressive metal to jazz, he required extremely versatile and well-balanced pickups in an HSS configuration. He selected an EMG® ’89 for the bridge, which houses separate preamps and coils to deliver that warm and powerful humbucker punch along with that bright and chiming single-coil sound. A pair of active EMG® SA single-coil pickups in the middle and neck positions bring even more of that unmistakable Strat® sound— bright and airy with rich low end. Tap into these expansive tonal options using the five-way blade pickup switch, tone control and volume control with push/pull coil splitting for the bridge pickup.
A Floyd Rose® 1000 Series double-locking tremolo bridge system provides excellent tuning stability throughout flutters and aggressive dive bombing.
Sophistication personified, the Marco Sfogli Signature Pro-Mod So-Cal Style 1 HSS FR CM QM is clad in a gorgeous Transparent Purple Burst finish with black pickguard, skirted black Strat®-style control knobs, chrome hardware and a licensed Fender® Strat® headstock.
- Series Artist Signature
- Color Transparent Purple Burst
- Number of Strings 6
- Orientation Right-Hand
- Bridge Pickup EMG® 89
- Middle Pickup EMG® SA Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup EMG® SA Single-Coil
- Pickup Color Black
- Controls Volume (Push/Pull Coil Split), Tone
- Pickup Switching 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck, Position 5. Neck Pickup - (Split Engaged) Position 1. Single-Coil Bridge, Position 2. Single-Coil Bridge and Middle Pickup
- Special Electronics Active Electronics
- Pickup Configuration HSS
- Body Finish Gloss
- Body Shape So-Cal Style 1
- Body Material Alder
- Body Top Quilt Maple
- Bridge Floyd Rose® 1000 Series Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Hardware Finish Chrome
- Tremolo Arm Floyd Rose® 1000 Series Locking
- Tuning Machines Charvel®-Branded Die-Cast
- Pickguard 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs Strat®-Style Skirt
- Switch Tip Black
- Saddle Height Wrench N/A
- Neck Material Caramelized Maple
- Neck Construction Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Finish Hand-Rubbed Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape Speed Neck with Rolled Fingerboard Edges
- Neck Binding None - Rolled Fingerboard Edges
- Scale Length 25.5" (64.77 cm)
- Fingerboard Radius 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Fingerboard Material Caramelized Maple
- Number of Frets 22
- Fret Size Jumbo
- Nut Material Floyd Rose® 1000 Series Locking
- Nut Width 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays Cream Dot
- Side Dots Luminlay®
- Truss Rod Nut Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
- String Trees Floyd Rose® Retainer Bar
- Headstock Licensed Fender® Stratocaster®
- Neck Plate None - 4-Bolt Sculpted Heel
- Strings Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Strap Buttons Standard
- Other Features Luminlay® Side Dots