As a preeminent modern virtuoso, U.K. guitar master Guthrie Govan dazzles all who hear his playing and experience his artistry. Charvel® worked meticulously with Govan on the development of his signature lineup to create superior guitars in distinctive Charvel form.
Harkening back to the late ‘80s when Charvel guitars were manufactured exclusively in Japan, we proudly introduce the all-new Guthrie Govan Signature MJ San Dimas® SD24 CM. Exquisite in style, this MJ signature model blends Charvel’s unparalleled legacy of designing high-performance instruments with an assortment of Govan’s preferred top-end features.
This 25.5” scale guitar features a San Dimas® basswood body with an
ash top and specially contoured heel (sans neck plate) for easy access
to the upper reaches of the fingerboard. The bolt-on maple neck has a “caramelized” heat and drying treatment that makes it sound and feel much older, along with graphite reinforcement, satin finish on the back of the neck and a conveniently located heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel. Most unusually for a San Dimas model, the 12”-16” compound radius caramelized maple fingerboard features 24 jumbo stainless-steel frets, as well as crème dot inlays and Luminlay® side dots.
Other premium features include three specially wound Charvel custom pickups arranged in a versatile HSH configuration with five-way switching for the expansive tonal openness and dynamic sensitivity that Govan demands, along with a two-way mini toggle switch to engage single-coil simulation in bridge and neck humbucker positions. This instrument also comes loaded with two Luminlay numbered dome control knobs for volume and tone, recessed Charvel locking tremolo bridge with pop-in tremolo arm and brass block, Gotoh® die-cast locking tuners and Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL nut.
The Guthrie Govan Signature MJ San Dimas® SD24 CM is available in a stately Three-Tone Sunburst finish, complete with chrome hardware, brown pickup bobbins and a licensed Fender® Stratocaster® headstock.
• 25.5” scale length
• Basswood San Dimas® body with ash top and sculpted shredder’s cut heel
• Bolt-on caramelized maple neck with graphite reinforcement and satin back finish
• 12”-16” compound radius caramelized maple fingerboard with 24 jumbo stainless-steel frets, crème dot inlays and Luminlay® side dots
• Heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel
• Custom Charvel® humbucking bridge, Custom Charvel single-coil middle and Custom Charvel humbucking neck pickups with brown pickup bobbins
• Five-way pickup blade switch, two-way mini toggle switch to engage single-coil simulation and Luminlay® numbered dome control knobs for volume and tone
• Charvel recessed locking tremolo bridge system with pop-in tremolo arm and brass block
• Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL nut
• Gotoh® die-cast locking tuners
• Available in Three-Tone Sunburst with chrome hardware and licensed Fender® Stratocaster® headstock
• Charvel Style 1/2 Economy case included